Thursday, May 25, 2006


Red and Gold (AKA Red)
Acrylic and Collage on Canvas
4 ' x 3 '
Not For Sale.

One day a great friend of mine, Lana, asked me to paint her something. "What would it take for you to paint me something?" My reply was "Money for the cost of the supplies." She said okay, "lets go". "Go where?" I asked- she replied "to the art store to pick up your supplies". This is not the painting that I painted for her, but she is very similar. The same silhouette and colors- except I added gold to this one. I ended up having my first art show and sold my first painting, which was called 'Red', the one I had originally painted for Lana. I sold almost every peice I had shown that night (therefore many are not on this blog). The original Red was sold to a local art collector in North Beach and hangs in her home to this day. Since then, December of 2003, I have been painting. I am currently taking care of 'Red and Gold' (pictured here) while Lana is traveling the world. I am planning to re-create 'Red and Gold' in prints so other people can enjoy her.

No comments: