Friday, May 26, 2006

A Change Is Gonna Come- By panel and close-ups

Purple Mood


Green Mood
Gold Mood
Pink Mood

'A Change Is Gonna Come' is a series of 4 paintings on wood panels about 8' wide and 36" long. 'A Change Is Gonna Come' is also the title of a song by Leela James, a soulful, sassy songstress that resembles a shorter and younger Chaka Khan. She brings back the gut-singing of Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, and Gladys Knight. When I painted this, my life was in a transition- you know- the one where you can feel the positive change happening-but for some reason you stepped on some glue and it stops you from walking forward? Well- that is where I was at. My boyfriend and I were talking about some beautiful life changes- but life kept reminding me that there were a few things that needed to be fixed first. So each panel represented my moods. All of them good. I had to remind myself that every change that happens I have created for myself. The many colors and moods I may experience will bring about something beautiful and show the world something beautiful. I donated this to the Christopher Walker Foundation to raise money for Cricket's House, a home for abused and disadvantaged children. All 4 panels now live in a home in Truckee, California.

No comments: