Friday, May 26, 2006

Bio








I consider myself a custom artist, absorbing what I learn from the living world around me in order to create images that reveal an allegorical journey. Born in Anaheim, CA, my mother picked up everything to move us to the Bohemian artist community in Sausalito, CA. Growing up in this environment, I cultivated my inborn artistic abilities as I found myself immersed in a culture that both encourages and inspires radical freedom of expression through art. I credit my mothers’ creative sensibilities as my foremost inspiration. My work is motivated by the lives and stories of the people around me. I most enjoy painting faces, specifically, the essence and human nature that emerges from the soul beneath the skin. My art is described to be abstract figurative. I am influenced by Jazz, Hip Hop, House, Latin jazz and Rhythm & Blues. With music serving as an audible muse I describe the color in my paintings as derived from deep emotion and the rhythmic beats of existence. I currently live in San Francisco and take pleasure in dance, fashion and is actively involved in community support efforts.
*For more information regarding my art or to inquire about a custom piece for yourself please contact:
ariazuloaga@hotmail.com

No comments: